Welcome to your second complimentary lesson
Ok, so let’s get to it. In today’s lesson we’re going to take a peek at WordPress. In case you are unaware, WordPress is a CMS (content management system) that is arguably one of the most popular pieces of software in use today. Why? Well…
- Did you know that 20% of the websites on the planet use WordPress. Yeah, stop and think about that for a while. <grin>
- WordPress is super easy to learn and is open source (read: free to use and modify).
- Most of WordPress is plug-and-play along with being hyper-flexible. Translation- most of the coding you want to use is readily available in something called a plugin therefore you don’t have to learn any programming, and you can create nearly any type of websites you want.
- It’s very search engine friendly and is considered very secure.
- In short– WordPress rocks!!!
That said, let take a look at today’s lessons.
First, if you are new to WordPress you can take a few moments to learn more about it.
Second, how you can use WordPress to make sleek modern looking websites.
What is WordPress
Creating Modern Sites with WordPress
One closing thought. If you are a looking to start a blog, or are someone who wants to get into web-design, or a small business launching an eCommerce store, or just straight-up anyone aspiring to do work with websites –WordPress is a must for your skill set.
We invite you to join us